Note: Only tested so far with 18.104.22.168.
A client that I am working on has a custom product attribute, which is a date field. They recently ran an import to update that field and noticed something strange. It seems that some of the dates worked fine, and others had the day and the month swapped, creating a wrong date.
They had probably 50+ products with the following value for the date: “2011-05-10 00:00:00”. Some of them worked properly and the date ‘5/10/11′ displays when editing the product in the admin. But, some of them switched the day and month and the date in the field is ’10/5/11’.
I tried reversing the day and month in the csv and imported again, and again, it switched the date around. So, now that the value in the admin was ‘5/10/11’, I ran an export of just that product, and the date was correct! I took that exact spreadsheet and imported it, and it switched the day and month again.
At this point, I don’t have time to really dig into trying to figure out the issue. If you have encountered this, or even better if you have figured out the issue, please comment! Please be sure to inclue your Magento version as well, as it may not just be 22.214.171.124.