I’ve been working on a new module today, and I needed to modify a couple different adminhtml templates. So, I did what I usually do and put the following code in my config.xml:
<config> ... <stores> <admin> <design> <package> <name>default</name> </package> <theme> <default>prattski</default> </theme> </design> </admin> </stores> </config>
Then I made my own adminhtml theme folder (app/design/adminhtml/default/prattski/) and put the template files in their proper spot.
I was working with 184.108.40.206, so I figured I would just copy my module over to one of my 220.127.116.11 installations and sure enough, it worked perfectly. So, I’m not yet sure what the change was, or how to get it to work in 1.4.1 (or if it is just a fluke). So if you know the details about the change, if there is one, please let me know. Otherwise, if I figure it out, I will update this post.