The product import script has reached a point where it would be very, very useful if people were willing to test it out a bit. It’s not fully ready by any means – but it IS importing products. I’m reaching a point though were it is difficult for me to test every different situation and different kinds of data.
So, I need people who are genuinely interested in seeing this import script come to life. Here is what I’m needing in a beta tester:
- Clearly investigate and document the issues you run into (errors, line numbers, etc.)
- Willingness to put the script to the test – try everything you can to find bugs
- Try importing various different sets of data
- Must be confidential until release of features, issues, and everything else. (You can tell people you are testing it and how it’s going – just don’t give details away yet)
- Will not give out files to anyone else
- Overall willingness and eagerness to help make this script great!
If you are willing to help, please post a comment and what level of experience you have had with using Magento. If you know PHP pretty well, please let me know – as a lot of PHP experience is a major plus if you are willing to get into my code to help me troubleshoot issues and make the script better. I will probably only be selecting a max of 3-5 people to start. I will probably be setting up a private area for all of us to post files, bugs, etc. so that we’ll have a central place to collaborate.